• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dangle behavior and cycle layers

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d like to add a dangle behavior to a cycle animation. Is that possible? The dangle doesn’t seem to work with my cycle layers. Also when’s the next tips and tricks video coming out. Is Dave still on vay cay?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No idea when next video coming out (I just subscribe to then channel and get a nice surprise).

I am not surprised that cycle layers don’t support dangles (but never tried it). I can see that they could, but can see why they did not. The idea of cycle layers is to display a sequence of static images. Its like an automatic swap set where it picks the next swap set entry for you. I always think of a layer as being a single frame, but of course you can specify the number of frames a layer displays for. But gravity for dangles starts fresh at the start of a scene... I wonder if you trigger a swap set, does that reset the gravity dangle? (Dunno! Need to try it) in which case each cycle layer would effectively be resetting the dangle/wind/etc. That could be pretty strange. Seems safer/more predictable to say “sorry, I will just display the static layers - on physics or warping involved”.

Dangles (and drags) are based on warping/distorting, which requires understanding the mesh. I guess theoretically you can make each layer get distorted by dangles etc. I just sort of understand why they may have chosen not to do that (because it could be confusing, and because it might be hard to implement).  Interesting though. I am not at a computer with the software installed - could be interesting to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines