Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dangle freaking out on render

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Character animator for work. Love it. However lately I have been having an issue with the dangle handle. When my character is not moving the dangle keeps shooting all over the place. I have no wind or anything like that going. I have dampening turned to max.

In the example of hands that I swap via index offset Ive tried the dangle handle on different levels. The top level folder containing all of the hands. On individual hands within that folder. Ive restarted my programs and computer. Ive cleared the cache ( alt click the refresh scene button ) and the media cache via AE and Premiere. I have the latest versions of all programs.

Any idea whats going on? How I can fix it?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe I've ever seen dangle used with a swap set. It's possible that the combination is unexpected and CH doesn't know what to do. Perhaps you would have better luck with the Cycle Layer behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

thank you looking and responding. I dont know that I would be able to choose different hands as needed with cycle layers. Is there a hidden feature that would allow me to jump to different hands? This puppet has roughly 80 different hand shapes that I switch between. If you know of a way to jump from hand image say 15 to 45 and stay there as needed I would be all ears. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't think of a behavior that works exactly that way, but have you tried grouping the layers into smaller bundles? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean index offset  enabled folders nested within other index offset enabled folders? Or do you mean reducing the amount of images that I have in general? If its about reducing then wouldnt that point to the issue being in the weight of the puppet? I have a pretty beefy machine ( intel i9 12 gen, 124gb ram, rtx3090 ) so I cant imagine it being a weight issue. 

Thanks again for the suggestions 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a subset inside of the hands folder (if that's possible). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can share a scene  or .puppet file where it's easy to reproduce, I'm happy to take a look. 

Thanks,

Dan Ramirez
CH QA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan Ramirez! I cant imagine anyone more knowledgable to respond to my post. Im star struck 😉

I would gladly share my .puppet files however they are very large. The PSB alone is about 225mb. My limit on this forum is 47 mb. Is there another way I can send you the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a file sharing service like Dropbox or Google Drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. I just need to know where to send them. Dont I need to know your email address or Dans? Or is that listed here somewhere that I am not seeing? This is my first support string.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just post the link to the cloud file here or (if you prefer) in a DM to Dan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines