Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dangle Physics Weirdness

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 
I'm not sure there is a solution to this, but I'm willing to try anyway with the help of wiser people!

I'm experiencing some problems related to some dangle handles and the transform behaviour.

I need a character (for various shot changes) to be able to flip horizontally, without creating and riggin a whole new version of it, as the deadline imposes its shadow. 
So what I did is to create a X Scale keyframe, and set the keys from 100% to -100%, to do a perfect flip with no transitioning, as I made the keyframes next to the other.

So the problem is, if I have a single dangling handle (And I'm plenty) the animation will be ruined as the physic strikes in and it looks like the character exploded for a moment to then settle to position.
It is an absolutely logical issue, but I'm wondering if there are any workarounds.

(A thing I tried is to keyframe the physics as well, in order to disable that behaviour at the right moment, but that did not seem to work, annd here it becomes less logical)

I hope to find hope, and wish you a great day!

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it for live performance or recorded? No advice if live (no idea how to fix). If recorded, I trim the video files. Physics bounce often happens at start of scene too, so you can use "workspace" to set the start of the recording in a bit from the start to let physics settle down first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or flip the video outside ch? Eg if live, can OBS studio etc flip it for you instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hopind to to at least those cuts into character, as they are very frequent and doing thatway would resulto into having literally hundreds of files to manage instead that one 😞

Not having a solution for this inside ch feels very limiting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe someone else has a solution. Myself, I have hundreds of small clips, named carefully (with numbers so they sort in right order), but got used to it as re-rendering one segment was faster than re-rendering a complete production.

However I also started before camera was added, so each time I wanted to zoom in I started a new scene. So I probably have out of date habits now 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines