• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dave's new puppet is not working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just watched Dave's latest youtube video and downloaded his puppet. (September 2019).  I downloaded the zip file and opened it.  I double clickedon the CH file and it opens up Character Animator... but it's an empty file....  It states the it is a temporary file.... 

I can't get it to work.  There is no puppet.

Please help . I am paying a lot of money for CC and it's not working.

Title edited by Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI, these are community forums. Fellow community members helping each other. There is a separate are to submit support requests that is manned by Adobe staff (although they also frequent these forums).

What I suspect is the file you downloaded had a .puppet file extension? If so, yes, it is a ZIP file, but you are not meant to open it up. You go into a CH project and use “Import Puppet” from the menu and point it at the *.puppet file. This will add the puppet to your project.  That is, CH reads the ZIP file for you and pulls out what it needs.

There may be other ways to load it, but that is what I do.

The chproj files are zero length. When you double click on the file for a project (not a puppet) it starts up CH. It then uses the directory the chproj file is in to work out where the rest of the project is. But it is a little confusing that puppets also contain this same file. So I am not 100% sure you downloaded a puppet or a project - but from your description it is a puppet in which case don’t extract the files in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for you reply. I downloaded the first puppet here called Sir. https://www.okaysamurai.com/puppets/ It doesn't have a .puppet extension. this is so frustrating. I have downloaded many free puppets before and never had an issue. I am not sure what the problem is. Can you download the puppet and let me know if it works for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I understand your point. I checked the link. The puppet files available for download is a combination of the original artwork and animation rigging and that is the reason you do not see the .puppet file but a .chproj project file.

Does that answer your question? Are you facing any issues while using it?

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines