• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DISTORTION & EYE RIGGING ISSUES WON'T GO AWAY

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been weeks. I have started from scratch with my own Photoshop file, I have used the Start puppet templates....and I have probably watched all of Ok Samurai videos a half dozen times already....and I cannot get a functioning puppet. The attached video shows the problems that won't go away....when I finally got the body to stop floating, the pupils then stopped moving. When I did get them to finally get to work again - by doing nothing but delete the whole puppet and re-import the same file - the head began to distort and nothing was changed from the previous version when it worked fine....i am so frustrated and hope someone can tell me what i am doing wrong!! PLEASE!

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some suggestions:

Please include a screen shot of the rigging hierarchy showing which layers are independent and which are not (the crowns). Getting independent layers right is a little confusing until you get your brain around it, and it makes a big difference.

At the bottom of the scene window there is a mesh button that puts yellow triangles all over the face. This can be useful to identify if there is a spot that is stuck on the puppet and not moving when you expect. It helps identify the location of problems saving a bit of time.

Next for eyes i wrote a blog for common problems that might be helpful; https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/

If none of the above helps, the last step is if you can use 'export puppet' and share a link to your puppet on google drive or similar then others can have a look at the puppet and make some suggestions.

I find once you have the concepts worked out, the second puppet is much quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines