• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know why only one eye is blinking?

Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks in advance!!

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Ah, and that is why you have Blink/Left Blink and Blink 2/Right Blink above for some of the profiles. You had fixed it for everything except the frontal profile!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you check Face behavior -> Replacements -> Blink Eyes Together is checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 1.16.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your puppet.
I think you are using “Auto Blink” and see only her left eye is blinking. If so, I can repeat the problem with your puppet.

I’m still not sure why this happens (for me, it looks like a bug), but I could work around it by moving each “blink” group into the corresponding “eye” group. I will send the modified version of puppet via direct message.

Hope that help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I don't know why I'm having so much trouble, this has been solved and as you can see this set up worked perfectly for this puppet in this series of five https://youtu.be/V85e3m3-drw !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem not to send a direct message for some reasons. Can you send me a direct message? I will try to reply it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent it, but it's not turning up in my mailbox…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking at the blink layers - initially I was wondering if some were missing...

alank99101739_0-1603141286532.png

But I think the real problem is you have put the Left Blink and Right Blink layers under Blink. Normally they go under Left Eye and Right Eye. So I think what is happening is when the Right Blink turns on, the definition of a blink layer is it hides all the siblings under the same parent. So Right Blink hides the Left Blink layer. If you delete the Right Blink layer, Left Blink starts working.

So never put Left Blink and Right Blink under the same parent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, and that is why you have Blink/Left Blink and Blink 2/Right Blink above for some of the profiles. You had fixed it for everything except the frontal profile!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAHA I guess at some point I fixed it, and I haven't made a new animation for so long I guess I forgot the solution! Thank you for that. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FIXED!!! Great job!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putting left blank and right blank under the same parent is a workaround that I learned from Dave Warner that's always worked up until now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines