• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

does not save changes from Photoshop

Participant ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it is my understanding that if you make changes in Photoshop it updates the puppet in Animator but it's not doing that. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

To check the path name, single click on the puppet in the project panel. The first property in the properties panel is the psthnsme to the artwork file.

If you use “edit original” from the CH menu, it is guaranteed to edit the file CH is using.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you edit the artwork file that CH is using, when you save the file in photoshop, CH notices the file change and reloads it next time CH gets focus. If you import a puppet, it makes a copy of the artwork (does not use the originalj.

If using a network mounted file system sometimes CH does not get notified of the file change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by get focused? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next time CH is your active program.
If you are editing in PS that is your active (focus) app, the puppet in CH won't change until you click somewhere on CH to make it the active (focus) app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add to alank's comment by saying I've seen quite a few comments of this nature. A lot of the time we have found that they saved the puppet in one folder which they edited, but the puppet in CH was held in a different folder. So first thing to check are you editing the puppet in the CH Media/ Gathered Media folder created by CH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So CH doesn't save it in the same folder you saved it in originally?  I'm confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you start a new project you can place the "yourtitle.chproj" where ever you want.
Character Animator then creates the folders it needs in order to house the files where it can find them.
For example I've created a 'newcharacter' under CH in my temp folder.
CH has then created the newcharacter.chproj file as well as Ch Data and Ch Media folder.
If I want to edit the character associated with this project I have to go into the Ch Media folder and open the .psd file here.

If I have the character somewhere else already on my system CH will still create the above file structure and place the .psd file in the Ch Media folder. If I edit my original file it is not editing the file CH will be looking at for changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To check the path name, single click on the puppet in the project panel. The first property in the properties panel is the psthnsme to the artwork file.

If you use “edit original” from the CH menu, it is guaranteed to edit the file CH is using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick, thanks!  On my workspace the background  color is  black.  Is there a way to change that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the scene window? I think bottom right corner you can change between black, white, and checkerboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I mean the whole workspace.  I know in other Adobe products you have the option to change the workspace background color to white, black or grey but Premier doesn't seem to have that option.  The black makes it a little hard to read the panels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don’t think that is supported. Someone else asked recently (last month or two) and someone from adobe replied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines