• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag bodyparts independently?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a character in Illustrator and now I cant seem to get the arms to be separate from the body and coat. I tried taking away the coat and putting more sticks and making them independent but it just stays stuck.

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 1.09.36 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Hard to say without seeing the File > Export > Puppet, but agreed - it looks like from here the arms aren't independent or properly separated since the belly seems to be pulled by the arms.

I'd download Wilk from Okay Samurai Puppets - open up the included .puppet file, select the puppet in your project panel, and hit cmd + e (mac) / ctrl + e (pc) to open up the master Illustrator file. Note how his arms are grouped and organized, as separate groups inside the body and each with a + in front. You

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to say without seeing the File > Export > Puppet, but agreed - it looks like from here the arms aren't independent or properly separated since the belly seems to be pulled by the arms.

I'd download Wilk from Okay Samurai Puppets - open up the included .puppet file, select the puppet in your project panel, and hit cmd + e (mac) / ctrl + e (pc) to open up the master Illustrator file. Note how his arms are grouped and organized, as separate groups inside the body and each with a + in front. You'll need to do the same and staple them at the shoulder to work properly.

See https://youtu.be/_smLXODTd6U?t=29m7s for how Wilk's arms were set up. If you follow that you should be in good shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok! I'll try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright I fixed it! I wasn't using staple! It works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines