• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag feet for a walk cycle when feet have fixed pins

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I have a biped puppet who needs to stand and gesture and move, but also walk. The problem is, per the tutorials (and in practice), I've pinned her feet down with Fixed points so her feet and legs don't pivot and fly around with her upper body as I sway back and forth.

That part works great, as expected.

....But I also need to animate her walking. I can't drag her feet in walking motions while they're fixed to the ground, so how do I accomplish this dual tasks? Do I have to replicate the whole puppet and take off the Fixed points and replace them with Draggable handles, just for the walking moments? I'd prefer to avoid duplication of puppets, but I understand there could be limitations that require it for the time being!

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

For now - one idea would be to make the draggables "Hold in Place" and then do an initial drag of the legs when you start - then the dragging will stick the legs into place as if they were fixed (I think).

But if that doesn't quite have the right effect you want, then yes, duplicating the body and having a fixed and draggable version you can switch between is the best way to go. We are working on some tools to make this way easier for the future, but for now one of these two ideas is probably you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now - one idea would be to make the draggables "Hold in Place" and then do an initial drag of the legs when you start - then the dragging will stick the legs into place as if they were fixed (I think).

But if that doesn't quite have the right effect you want, then yes, duplicating the body and having a fixed and draggable version you can switch between is the best way to go. We are working on some tools to make this way easier for the future, but for now one of these two ideas is probably your best bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man. I'll give both approaches a shot and see which works best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there an updated solution for this?  I am running into a similar issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines