Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Draggable Issues with Character's Arms

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I've been having issues with my Limb IK being all over the place. I've got one for the overall character and no matter how much I adjusted the parameters, the arms were very limited in movement (even after adjusting Stretchiness, arm bed, etc.)  I'd like for my arms to be able to point above his shoulders at a whiteboard and even up above his head or behind his head.  So I added Limb IK to each arm and then the Stretchiness and flexibility was out of control and no matter how much I adjusted those parameters down, it wouldn't effect it. I have a feeling one of the things that's complicating this for me is that even though I used Adobe's default puppet and would "replace" limbs in Illustrator, I uploaded a drawing of my own, expanded, and traced the image so each "limb" (or head, for example) is made up of multiple layers. It hasn't been an issue in other areas but I wonder if it's causing issues. (that might be a separate issue tbh, the LimbIK could be as easy as removing all LimbIK Behaviors and trying again, just not sure why I can't seem to simply control LimbIK when clearly I am effecting it. My ultimate goal (just so we have something to aim for in the same comment thread) is to set poses to triggers, but create those poses using Draggable limbs (exactly like how Adobe has for their IK Guy puppet in the green Okay Samurai shirt). I'm trying to avoid creating separate key frame layer groupings/animations in Illustrator, and see if I can record the "drag" and then drag that recording over to it's own Swap Set (just having issues controlling my LimbIK for the dragging part). I hope that makes sense haha.

I've attached my .puppet file below for reference.  Thank you!

**This forum is not letting me uplooad the .puppet file for some reason, as suggested.  This is the type of problem I doubt a video would do justice.  Let me know if there's a way to upload .puppet or send if you think you might be able to help, thnak you!

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you use Dropbox or GoogleDrive to upload your puppet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines