• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dragger Exporting Incorrectly

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reference, I'm working on the beta software.

Last week I tried exporting an eagle flapping a wing in a specific gesture. After a lot of trial and error, I found a wing flap that worked, so I set it as a trigger and just used that every time I needed the gesture, instead of re-dragging every time. Then when it came to export my scene, I found if I tried to go through media encoder, my dragger got exaggerated somehow and would warp my character's wing well beyond what the preview had shown in CA. But if I exported as PNG sequence/WAV, problem solved! I managed to use that fix for several days.

On Friday, I found two wing flaps that weren't the same as the others - I had done them before I had set up the trigger, I guess. I went back and deleted the wrong ones, replaced them with the trigger, and tried to export that scene as a PNG sequence like before. This exporting process had, for the record, worked for about 6 exports of different parts of the scene over several days. Then suddenly on Friday, exporting a correction was giving me the same problem as before with the warping.

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening here? I've tried restarting CA Beta multiple times, going back to exporting as MOV files, etc., but nothing seems to be working. This is creating a huge backup in production and I hate to be the one responsible!

TOPICS
Bugs , Freeze or hang , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

I actually was able to resolve the problem - not entirely sure where, but somewhere inside either the Face, Eye Gaze, Triggers, Head Turner, or Draggers, something was broken in only that section. I broke out a new scene and tried to recreate the problem area, and it exported (as a PNG sequence) properly. I then replaced the broken section with the components from the second scene, and it solved the issue.

Not sure why things still won't export right as MP4 or MOV files, but at least the broken

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry to hear the problem to export the scene.

Could you please check the version of AME and CH you are using when you saw this?

If you are seeing the the same problem to export PNG, could you share your project that has this problem?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm using Character Animator Beta verion is 3.4.0.128. Media encoder Beta is 14.4.0.18!

Here is the link to the ZIP folder that should have all the necessary files in it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m9ztu8QDrBhg3qgE2C3izsey3N4jxYnH/view?usp=sharing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you allow me a access this file? I got "Access Denied" with my google test account.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually was able to resolve the problem - not entirely sure where, but somewhere inside either the Face, Eye Gaze, Triggers, Head Turner, or Draggers, something was broken in only that section. I broke out a new scene and tried to recreate the problem area, and it exported (as a PNG sequence) properly. I then replaced the broken section with the components from the second scene, and it solved the issue.

Not sure why things still won't export right as MP4 or MOV files, but at least the broken section exports to some capacity. Thank you regardless for your assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? Still having the same issue and can't seem to find a solution, considering exporting into Character Animator (the non-beta version) breaks the IK even more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines