• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dragger handle's position changes AFTER recording. The recorded position differs from my input.

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to record 2-frame takes of different arm positions. I arm the puppet, Limb IK, and Triggers before dragging the arm to the desired position and pressing Ctrl+2 for recording. However, when I scrub back to review the newly created take, I find that the position has shifted significantly in the Y direction (always downwards. What am I missing?

TOPICS
Bugs , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

I think I have figure who's the culprit of this issue. I not only tagged the wrists handles as draggable, but I also tagged them as transform and added a transform behavior. When I removed the draggable tag the problem disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that the problem only occurs if I also drag the hand. The hand is independent from the arm and it has a handle tagged as dragger. If I only drag the handle on the arm (positioned at the wrist) and record a take, then the take will capture the position I moved the handle to. However, if in addition to moving the handle on the arm I also move the one in the hand, then the recorded take will not capture the positioned I moved all handles to. Instead, it will show me a position shifted downward. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't need two handles on a limb unless you need to drag those parts in different ways at the same moment. Try deleting the handle on the hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this in version 4.4? Does this happen in the latest Beta too? (we fixed some Dragger-related issues recently)

If you can reproduce the problem with one of the example puppets, please let us know how (you may need to tag another handle as Draggable first). Or if you share your puppet with us via DM we can take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave. This is actually in the latest Beta. I'm having other problems with the Beta and I think I've just found a bug (unrelated to this post) so, I will create a new post for the bug report and DM you the puppet file. Hopefully you can take a look at both issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have figure who's the culprit of this issue. I not only tagged the wrists handles as draggable, but I also tagged them as transform and added a transform behavior. When I removed the draggable tag the problem disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two behaviors on same layer often caused problems. Sometimes you can nest a layer and move one behavior to the child to combine results. Sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines