• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dragging/Walking Puppet Moves Entire Drawing

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm very new to adobe character animator, and I'm creating my first puppet. I've managed to get the lip synch and facial tracking down, but my next step was to create draggable points. I added to draggable points on the hands and used sticks to ensure the arms move like bones, but when I drag the puppet the entire drawing moves. Ill recorded a video of what I mean but don't know how to post it here.

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

This is a common 'gotcha,' but the solution is very simple. You need to make each of your arms (the top-level layer only, no need to do this with each part of the arm) Warp Independent. This can be done by adding a "+" symbol before the name in Photoshop or Illustrator so your layers would be named "+Left Arm" and "+Right Arm." Alternatively, you can click the Crown icon on the left of the layer name inside of Character Animator. I recommend doing this in your art file so everything is properly

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a common 'gotcha,' but the solution is very simple. You need to make each of your arms (the top-level layer only, no need to do this with each part of the arm) Warp Independent. This can be done by adding a "+" symbol before the name in Photoshop or Illustrator so your layers would be named "+Left Arm" and "+Right Arm." Alternatively, you can click the Crown icon on the left of the layer name inside of Character Animator. I recommend doing this in your art file so everything is properly set up there.

Be careful not to name your arms "+L Arm" or "+R Arm" or they will get tagged as the "L" and "R" mouth shapes. Check out the new Rigging Issues pane at the bottom of the Puppet panel (this can be called up by clicking the warning triangle) to see what other issues you might want to fix. Make sure to close it when not in use, though, as it will slow down your work because it's checking for issues after every click.

Here's a little more info on both of those subjects:

https://graphicmama.com/blog/character-animator-tutorial-rig-tools/

https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/using/rigging-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines