Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link with After Effects - need tor reconnect puppets every time

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working with character animator and after effects together, but Ae, every 5 minutes, lost the connection with dynamic link. I'm working with 8 characters and I don't understand why i have to re-connect them all every time. It's hard, i can't connect all together but one by one and he changes independently the place of my characters. Please i need help it becomes a long long long job

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you by chance doing imports into the Ch project?

There was a bug in 1.1 (and I think some earlier versions, too) where importing projects or puppets caused some project internal IDs to get regenerated (in the entire project) that would cause Dynamic Links to break unnecessarily. It's fixed in an internal build and included in an update that is coming...soonish.

If not, I'll go do some digging to see what other situations can cause those IDs to be reset. At the very least, that might give you an idea of how to dodge the bug in the interim.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "soonish" I meant "later today". If import was triggering your dynamic link breakage then the update today should fix that problem (and make import a bit faster, especially if the project is large, actually): What's New in Character Animator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

everythings is going well with dynamic link stuff.. but now AE is freezed everytime I update my characters on CH. Why does it happen?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for your fast answer, i appreciated! Unfortunately can't share my project, i'm making a sort of christmas cartoon and it's divided into many projects. I've designed my puppets (characters and animated objects) within illustrator so they are not so heavy at all, in fact i thought it could be a "weight" problem. Now, i'm updating, so.. will see 🙂

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines