• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use dynamic link to link Ch files directly to Pr, without going through after effects. I imported the Ch file directly into Pr. The file appeared, but the video would not play without stuttering badly (audio played fine). I tried importing many times with the same result, even waiting 12 hours to make sure the file had time to properly link/render.  I gave up, saving the Ch files as mp4 and then importing to Pr. Obviously not too convenient when making changes to the project. I assume my computer doesn't have the power to use dynamic link (I have a macbook pro; 2.3 GHz, 8 core i9; 64 GB memory; AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB graphics), or am I missing something? 

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know the exact reason, my little laptop is a fraction of what you have so I always use the approach you describe. I do as much as possible inside CH, exporting short videos per scene, then join them together in Prem Pro. I organized my scripts to put numbers against each scene (like 4-2-1 for part 4, scene 2, camera shot 1) so I could manage them all (I had like 100 clips in a single episode). I export as mp4 or using "export with alpha" if I need to composite the videos.

But to speed up my workflow and maximize video quality I do as much as possible in CH - camera pans, zooms, etc. I just do the advanced effects in other tools when too hard in CH.

Yes, it is less convenient, but once I got organized it did not affect me that much. I created sequences in Pr like "4-1" for all clips in that group, and then "4" to group 4-1, 4-2 etc, then made the final movie. So if something changed, I could focus on that area alone. There might be a better way, but that is what I did. Got the job done.

So no solution for dynamic linking from me sorry, but my hardware is not comparable. Just sharing how I got around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines