• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Each time after closing Ai file, i have to import the character in Ch and Rig it?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After working on a character, if i close the illustrator file and then want to make some changes in the appearance of character, i have to import the file again and do all the rigging process again or is there a way to start making changes in the source file and it all syncs automatically?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CH watches the file for changes. If you save a change, the save completes, then you give the CH window focus again it will reload the changes automatically and try to minimine disruption to the rigging. If you do major changes to the puppet structure, it may lose the rigging under that area, but minor edits it will retain the markup.

But you have to make sure you are editing the file CH is using. The easiest way to do this is inside CH use the “Edit Original” from the menus. This will launch AI/PS on the right artwork file. As soon as you save the change, the save completes (don’t return too quickly!), then you give CH window focus again it will load up the file changes.

If this does not happen, there is a “refresh” button (two arrows in a circle) that you can use to manually trigger the refresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, and please note I said “Save” not “Close”. There is no need to close illustrator/photoshop - just save the changes (CTRL-S). You just leave both programs running in different windows and jump between them as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines