• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Out Weird Movements, While Keeping the Good Stuff?

Participant ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recorded some character movements that are pretty much exactly what I needed. But I get some weird head movements where the character is distorted beyond recognition for maybe half a second. Or maybe a Dragger moment where the hand goes somewhere I didn't want it to go. But overall, I want to keep the whole take, and just edit out a few frames of the crap.

I know I can go back and cut that sort of thing out in After Effects, but can I just edit out those bad bits in Character Animator, while keeping the rest? Or do I have to go back and record it all again?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You get a bit of jitter at the start of scenes As physics settle down. In v2 you can now define a work area (time span) separate to duration. Only this range is used when you export the scene. This means you can drop the first frames as physics settles down more eadily

is that what you were after?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines