• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elbow trouble...

Enthusiast ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, back into my CH project and really getting the hang of things...

Doing position to position animation with the arms and it is going well, but Im having trouble getting the elbow to bend in the desired direction. Puppet is full frontal so elbows can be either direction. However getting an arm to reverse direction, ( swing from raised hand position, to arm hanging to side, elbow out ) has got me completely stumped. I can get it ready for record but afterwards it doesnt make the full swing in playback...

Screenshot of my setup, any tips or tweaks would be much appreciated. ( I'm looking at you, alank99101739 lol )

* it should be noted I am not positioning the arms live, im recording them in different positions and tweening between them

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Hi ScooterD! Sorry, been busy with other things recently.

In v1.5 I used to put a dragger on the elbow to help the arm go the right way. It was a bit painful, but it worked.

There is the IK-Arm behavior in 2.0 now. If you tag the arm up correctly, it controls which way the elbow will bend. But if in one recording you want the arm going different directions, I discovered it can be useful to record values like the strength setting - it controls which way the arm bends a bit. Try fiddling with the s

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ScooterD! Sorry, been busy with other things recently.

In v1.5 I used to put a dragger on the elbow to help the arm go the right way. It was a bit painful, but it worked.

There is the IK-Arm behavior in 2.0 now. If you tag the arm up correctly, it controls which way the elbow will bend. But if in one recording you want the arm going different directions, I discovered it can be useful to record values like the strength setting - it controls which way the arm bends a bit. Try fiddling with the settings, then record the value you want (can do it with blends etc as well). Its not perfect, but is easier than dragging the elbows and trying to keep the arm look natural.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll try these!

Final-Comp.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice animation! The body movement, arm movements, eyes - it really works well!

How did you do the shadow? AE? Or did you do that in CH as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Background and shadow are AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines