• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enlarge Preset Character

Participant ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an easy way to take a preset character, like Chloe, which is about 800 X 1100, and enlarge it to a character I'm making that needs to be about 3200 X 4400.

Once I enlarge and save Chloe the way that it is right now, it looks like it will mess up the whole character. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean a way to scale up the rigging (sticks, handle positions, etc) to match the artwork change? Unfortunately, no, there isn't currently an automatic mechanism to make it easy to resize a character like that.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. What should I do if I want to use one of the puppets like Chloe as the template for a new character that I draw, but I want the resolution to be higher?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is good to follow the hierarchy of an existing puppet - that will save a lot of pain. E.g. Hand positions grouping layers etc.  This is half the battle of getting started - getting the hierachy right. Just rescale to whatever size you need.

After that you will need to fix a few things in the rigging.

• Sticks and handles will be in the wrong position. In the Reg view move the handles to the new positions (you can zoom in/out). Sticks redraw over the new artwork and delete the old sticks. You cannot resize them, so just draw them.
  • If you add new hand positions, you may need to add new triggers. Similarly you might need to delete some triggers if you remove hand layers. This is quick to do though (once you understand the concept)
  • If you rename the root of the puppet from Chloe etc to your puppet name, it might lose all the bindings. So if you want to do that (I would), do it early to avoid redoing work later. If you want to minimize effort, don’t rename the root puppet name to preserve as many bindings as possible.

Bottom line is its not that hard to redo the rigging. I would bite the bullet and learn it personally. Its still good to follow an existing puppet however because you will get the structure right (and a lot of mistakes happen there). Pick a puppet closest to what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines