• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error (2.1.1.x7) Invalid File Tag

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When recording and during playback I will get an error message ~ Invalid File Tags.

When this error occurs it sometimes stops recording. Playback will also trigger this error. Eventually, the error will continually popup forcing me to use the Task Manager - End Task, to shut down the program.

I have not modified my characters for several months. To try and remedy this problem I have spent several hours going over each layer and making sure the structure is correct and named properly. I have tried different variances of naming and tried removing the + character. This did not help.

Please help.

YouTube Video - Detailed - Character Animator Error "Invalid File Tags" - YouTube

Puppet file location - Dropbox - Chris ver 3.puppet - Simplify your life

Project file - Dropbox - Ep 76.zip - Simplify your life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DanTull​ - sorry to bug you, but this might be up your court?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message is non-obvious, but I found it searching through the code. The tags it refers to are actually an internal detail of event recording files (which has tags akin to XML/HTML tags, though the format is binary) and not the tags from the rigging UI. It sounds like one of the arf files (the files which contain behavior recordings) is malformed.

One experiment to try would be to reveal the project in Explorer, open the Ch Data directory, rename the temp.noindex folder to another name (temp.noindex.bak or something like that) and then switch back to the app. That should force the scene to be regenerated. If this is an arf file in the Ch Media/Recordings folder, the error may persist.

If I can get a copy of the project so I can reproduce the issue internally, I may be able to help pin it down.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Dan Tull and all of you wonderful people. The problem was an extera mouth shape. I had a "K" and a "Th" mouth shape in my Illustrator drawing. Once I deleted these it worked fine. Thank God. 

Good Mouth labelsGood Mouth labelsBad Mouth labelsBad Mouth labels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines