• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error (3.2x65) while starting tutorials on the character animator (Version3.2)

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried opening the tutorial on character animator and these are the errors that are seen when I click on them. 

"Internal error code: (1431844275:478+8) bad argument #1 to 'FindTabByID' (number expected, got boolean)"

What should I do? I had a problem where it was crash before as soon I booted it and click on an actor but later I uninstalled and installed it again. It started to work but now this has come up. What do I do? Please help 

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm facing the same issue. Looking forward for some help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing: make sure you’re using the latest version of Ch, which right now is 3.4.

Next thing: are you in a school environment where your user directory is stored on a server rather than on the local machine? Also, what OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @CoSA_DaveS

I have the latest version of Ch. (3.4)

I'm using it on my personal laptop; OS - Windows 10 Pro N 64bit.

Also, I have to tell you that the Ch didn't work at all after first installation. I had an error with mf.dll missing - I have downloaded it, then mfcore.dll missing - downloaded it too and then I've got this error 0xc000007b. I tried everything  I found on internet, nothing worked. Then I've installed it on my girlfriend's laptop and it worked. I copied the mf.dll and mfcore.dll from system32 and SysWOW64 and it worked for me too with this exception.error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's suspicous that you had to install anything extra — Ch includes everything it needs to run. So my guess is that your operating system is damaged. Copying DLLs into your system can lead to trouble, as you might not have the right version (or — eek — a hacked version). I know "reinstall your OS" isn't want you want to hear, so I'll check with our Windows experts here to see if they have any better suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the N version of Windows installed, you may need to install the "Media" features for windows. (And I agree with DaveS — it's rarely a good idea to download random DLLs from the internet.) There are separate installers for each version of Windows. Here's an article that explains the process and points to installers for various builds of Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll come back with feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@DanielWilk your suggestion worked for me. Media Pack was the problem here, that's why I hadn't those 2 .dll files. Thanks @DanielWilk @CoSA_DaveS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines