Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error importing Character Animator project into After Effects

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I, hope you are well! Today, I updated After Effects today and tonight I imported a character animator project across and it said an error message,

Audio conforming failed media cache preferences. I am unsure if it has to do with the update or not but, i cant work out how to correct this issue. Can you please assist me with this? Thanks so much! Michelle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to go to FILE - IMPORT then finding your CH file. Once you pick the CH file it will bring up your scenes. That seems like the proper way to import now. I still have all kinds of issues with using both of these together though unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to drag a scene from CH's Project panel into AE's project panel. Are you seeing an error with this? The latest versions of both CH (2.1) and AE (16.1.1) are installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff I can't drag it over anymore for some reason but the import works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, what's your specific OS version?

Does drag-and-drop of artwork from Finder/Explorer into CH's Project panel still work?
If you have PR, are you able to drag-and-drop a CH scene into PR's Project panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on the newest version of windows 10 and all programs. I'll test out later today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you retry sending a link to the error message, or type it (if not too long)? It didn't seem to come through in your original post.

Do you have the latest versions of After Effects (16.1.1) and Character Animator (2.1) installed?

If you open the project first in Character Animator 2.1, and then import the scene into After Effects, does it work?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines