• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Opening Illustrator File (64)

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been using Character Animator since July and have never ran into any issues with importing an ai file until today. I am trying to import an ai file to create a puppet and I keep getting this error:

Error (3.0x276): Error Opening Illustrator File (64)

I have never seen this error before. I basically had a character pack that I took pieces from and copied into a new ai file & saved in another location. I have used character packs like this before & have never had an issue. I don't know why I am having this issue now. If you have any information of how to resolve this, that would be wonderful. Thanks.

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the issue. Our engineering team has identified this issue with importing Illustrator files in Character Animator as a know issue.

We have found a workaround for it. Check out this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/kb/known-issues.html

I hope it helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem. Solved saving to CC (legacy)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for keeping us updated. Give us a shout if you need anything else. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

experiecing same error.  how do i locate the illustrator options panel as shown in the workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent nearly 30 minutes trying to figure out how to open that dialog box and am officially giving up at this point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can select the file version in the second dialog box when savong as AI: so you first need to "Save as", give it a name, choose a location and click save. And then you get to the options. Please read the Illustrator documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines