• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when Launching Character Animator

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I launch Character Animator, I get an error saying "Windows error The requested attribute was not found. returned from MFGetAttributeSize(mediaTypeP,Get(), MF_MT_FRAME_SIZE, &width, &height)

I get the same error when I try and click the webcam button, no webcams show even though they are connected and work on other things like OBS, XSplit or Zoom.

Any help would be great!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Status update for the public thread: The log helped identify which device was hitting the error (Elgato HD60 Pro. We added some additional guards for the future, but an update to Elgato software resolved the issue.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DanTull​ - sorry, making sure yo use this one as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That error is definitely from the code that tries to enumerate your web cams to decide which of them are valid for use with Character Animator.

My guess (based on reading the code and Microsoft Media Foundation docs) is that there's some device which is being interrogated which includes a non-video format (maybe a microphone) but is somehow being asked for a frame size.

What other audio/video devices do you have attached? Does any error occur when all of them are disconnected? That might help narrow down which device is tripping up Character Animator.

There's also some console logging we can enable that might help if this experiment proves insufficient to point to a cause.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Blue Yeti Pro microphone plugged in.

How do we do the console logging?

I also tried what geoffreyheller suggested as well and it did not work. DanTull​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that microphone is unplugged, does the error stop?

The console logging is a little bit involved to set up, so it's mostly if we can't figure it out by experimentation.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've unplugged everything and did what you suggested and it keeps on happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll confirm the logging does what I think it will and send you instructions for the console setup. I'm hoping that'll give us some kind of better clue to follow.

DT

(Update: sent instructions, crossing fingers now...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Status update for the public thread: The log helped identify which device was hitting the error (Elgato HD60 Pro. We added some additional guards for the future, but an update to Elgato software resolved the issue.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear this isn't working for you!

First off, be aware that on Windows if your camera is currently being accessed by another app (OBS or other), Windows will not share that camera with Character Animator.  So be sure that the camera isn't currently in use by another app.

Additionally, we are seeing a number of instances where Windows 10 updates are breaking existing camera driver installs.  Can you please give this a try?

1)  Unplug your camera

2)  Reboot your machine

3)  Plug your camera back in once Windows restarts

The above should force your system to reload the drivers.

Let us know if that does the trick for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines