Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exorbitant eyes, disarticulated head

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I've got some problems with my puppet, that I tried to fix it, but I didn't find a way :s .

• Its eyes are exorbitant. I tried to change the shape of the eyeball (didn't work), and to apply a mask (didn't work). so i'm currently short of idea...
    C1.PNGC2.PNG
  • The head looks disarticulated, I've tried some manipulation, but it didn't work.
    C.PNG

If someone could take a look and explain me what i've done wrong, it would be really great...

ILL_Steve.ai - Google Drive

Some suggestion:

• for the skeleton of the puppet, it would be great to have the ability to define chains of connected articulations, for better deformation control
    currently, when we manipulate the puppet, the limbs can be extended looking like Elastic Man. It would be great to have something more rigid.

• for the stick of the skeleton of the pupet, it would be great to have the ability to define the nature of the stick
    ex: elastic - It can be extended
    flexible (/semi-rigid) - It can be bend ( limbs bend over, describing curves)
    rigid - It can't be extended or bend

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, first, you have wayyyy to many crowns. Okay Samurai has some great tutorials and covers some of the common problems people have with rigging Okay Samurai - YouTube  I would start there. I started working on resetting your character, but there were a lof of things grouped and crowned that shouldn't be. What I would do is open up one of the tutorial puppets and look at how they're structured and compare it to yours. Your illustrator file is logical for sure, but it is all about combining the rig and the layers the right way.

Good Luck!

Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey,

thanks for you reply.

chloe.ai > layer: 115, group: 25, independent object: 9

Steve.ai > layer: 85, group: 31, independent object: 12

I can surely optimize and reorganize my puppet, and i will do it. But i don't think that's where the problem comes from.

kind regard,

Red'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Redgard,

I downloaded your puppet into my own project and it worked perfectly and as expected. The head was attached and the eyes worked fine.

Can you try importing your puppet into a new project?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I delete my puppet and my scene, and recreate one by importing my illustrator projet in Adobe character animator and now it's working properly.

I think my previous one hadn't initiated properly, because the green layer hadn't appeared when I was moving the anchor points .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines