Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to SWF/transparent background

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to export an animated sequence from CA with a transparent background, but can't seem to get it to work. Ive tried exporting with Alpha but still my background is black. 

I need the transparent background so I can place my character into an Articulate Storyline file. 

Articulate allows the import of SWF, so am wondering if there is a way to export from CA to some other program that will then export to SWF. 

Any help appreaciated. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you running on and what format did you try exporting to? I guess also how did you verify that the video did not contain transparency? I have found many tools do not support transparency, so even if you do create a file with transparency the other tool might not understand it. (E.g. I never got it to work with Unity.) I suggest checking by loading the video file into Prem Pro or After Effects and layer it on top of a picture etc. If you see the picture through the video, you know the video file is correct, its the other tool that does not support it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tested the export in Premiere and it does have a transparent background. So you are likely right that Storyline just doesn't want to play ball. Hence, trying to find a way to export as SWF. So far the only thing I can find that exports to SWF is Animate, but that doesn't let you import CA files. 

Anyone got a solution here? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/transparent-background-video-suppo... indicates storyline does not support transparency in videos. My understanding is FLV and SWF are not video formats, they are custom formats to move geometric shapes etc around on the screen, so they support transparency. But as they are not video formats, you cannot get CH to generate them. So I think you are out of luck sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, so my question is, is there another Adobe product I can export a CA perfomance into to then export as SWF?

I've since found a work-around for this project, and am not totally sold on the soon to be redundant SWF solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not to my knowledge. And with flash going away, I never expect it to ever be built.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines