Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting a looping walk cycle

New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible to export a looping walk cycle from Character Animator? I am exporting using the PNG export option, which exports the entire scene, but I would like to export only the frames that make up a complete walk cycle for my character.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ways I can think of off hand --

Working with the xml file might be the easiest way. Bring it into AME or Pr Pro and choose the in/out points. Then you can export as a looping animated gif.

If you want something other than a gif, you could export the selected in/out region as the video format of your choice, and then use one of the instant player apps with loop enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to do it through After Effects. Apparently the first few frames of the walk cycle in Character Animator is not part of the looping walk cycle, so had to cut them out.

I would be useful to be able to select a part of the timeline directly in CA, have it loop on playback and then be able to export only that segment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was your walk cycle controlled via Left/Right Arrow keys (which does have a ramp up/down phase) or set to start Immediately (which I would think would loop from the start)?

In/out range for export is a feature request we've heard before: https://character-animator.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CH-I-160

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines