• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting pixel art without filtering

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working on pixel art characters with a very small size. Does anyone know how to export without Character Animator automatically adding what looks like bilinear interpolation (this ruining the pixel art)? I've tried everything in media encoder to get a clean Prores 4444 but it always adds interpolation.

Many Thanks

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your original art in Photoshop or Illustrator? It soulds like the former. You might try the latter and see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes it was made in photoshop since it's purposefully low-res pixel art, one doesn't use vector apps to make pixel art. When creating pixel art, most apps (including Adobe's others) have an option to turn off interpolation, to maintain the clear pixels.

Even with the composition set to the exact res of the character (120x120 pixels) and all head roations etc... turned to 0 (I only need mouth and eye movement) Character Animator is smoothing everything. There are a couple of others historically asking the same on these forums, but no replies, so I'm guessing I'm out of luck for now! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that. However, it might be worth it to import the file into illustrator before importing it into CH to see if that makes a difference. I might, for instance use Illustrator's live trace to convert your pixel art to vector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see, thanks I will try, if there's a way to easily batch the many layers for each character to vector format. A big extra step for something which should be a toggle! I'll contact Adobe about it. Thanks for your response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines