• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expression Swap Set issue

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm trying to create a swap set that controls the all the parts of the main expressions like the eyebrows and mouth to make them Happy, Angry, Sad, ETC and than a few other swap sets that control the individual parts like puting a happy mouth on an angry face to make a devilish appearance. However instead what happens is I get two mouths on top of each other on the same rig. Am I missing somehting? 

TOPICS
How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heres an example of my swap set setup

Johnny5FF8_0-1610851030738.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice your Left Eyebrow has a child called Right eyebrow, and vice versa. I generally do not recommend having more than one layer called the same name - behaviors could bind to the wrong one by accident.

What i suggest is make a slight change - Left Eyebrow has the different expressions like you have, but add a Default Eyebrow to match the trigger name in your swapset.

If you are seeing two eyebrows it's normally one of two things - something is not in the correct swapset, or it can be a tagging problem (if a layer is controlled by two things, one thing can take over from the other so only one works). That is why i am worried about the nested layer name - it might have taken over from the trigger and swapset. Either than or something is missing from the swapset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. 
I'm trying to rig an "angry" expression with eyebrows, eyelids and a mouth. Do I need to rig a default expression for my expressions to change? At the moment, if I try to do trigger my angry expression "Angry" shows over the regular face. 
Please help! What am I missing? 
Thanks!

Rigging Expressions Question.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey There!
I fixed my problem! 
I was trying to rig expressions but each expression was showing over the other. 

You can use your layers in multiple expressions (so the same mouth can be used for a "sad" expression and a "mad" expression) but each expression has to be in the *same* swapset. 

I'm guessing you have mouths in your expression swapset and your lipsync swapset? You'll need to move your lipsync settings into your expressions swapset so that you don't get the double mouths issue. 🙂 
At least, that's what fixed my issue.
Cheers,
Corrine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines