Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eye & face gaze recordings not working in higher resolution

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a puppet all ready to go and I recorded eye & face gaze movements using a webcam and it looks great during playback. Everthing is working and there seems to be no rigging issues. However, when I change the resolution of the puppet to be higher than "low (100%)", the pupils lock back into the center of the eyes and none of my recordings work (including eye movements left/right, blinking, etc).

This happens when making the resolution higher than "low" and also when rendering as vector. I also noticed that while in vector or high resolution, I can't even use the keyboard or mouse to move the eyes. They just don't respond to anything unless I lower the resolution of the puppet. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it? 

I attached an image of the exact same frame with both low 100% toggled and high 400% toggled, as well as an image of my layers. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Bugs , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Someone else's question had the answer I was looking for. Turns out the shape of the eyeball was too "almond" and not round enough and even though it was working in low-res, making the "eyeballs" rounder fixed this issue. I was able to make a hidden layer as the eyeball that was round and then kept the almond shape I wanted visible on a separate layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines