• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eye Blinks Too Slow?

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to see a gif about what I'm talking about. It shows my puppet blinking.  Even though, she has 'normal' eye open, 'half blink (1)' and 'eyes closed' (2).  You can catch her being entirely eyeless when she rapidly blinks.  Any ideas to solve this?  Thanks in advance. 

https://gyazo.com/a0683bf951fa5381c0321f272c1bfd4f

TOPICS
Camera , Feature requests , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Cool. So the auto blink has found the correct layers it looks like. That will trigger the blink.

The next part is the blink itself. Can you please expand the left blink and/or right blink layers in the hierarchy and share a screenshot of that? Blinks work but i hiding the blink layer and hiding all the siblings. So everything under "right eye" (eye lashes etc) will disappear during the blink and the "right blink" layer will be un-hidden. So that is where to focus next - will the eye look correct

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy? Looking also for where any cycle layer behaviors are and what the properties are (they control the speed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://gyazo.com/b1cea9485832d6f45c9a7f88e7541dab

Here is a gif of my rig hierarchy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so there are no cycle layers that i can see. That means the blink layer replaces the normal artwork. The next question is which blink layer was found. I assume your blink layer includes artwork for a closed eye. I would go through all the layers to make sure no other layer has a blink tag on by accident. Personally i prefer the text version of the tags (click the 'A" button) - then go through and click each layer one by one.

What you can also do is expand the autoblink properties and expand the "blink layers" section. It shows the blink layers it is really using. Is it your "left blink" and "right blink" layers?

Not, i cannot see where your normal/half closed/full closed layers are. If they are under "left blink" (you did nto expand that one) then maybe you are missing a cycle layers behavior on the left blink layer, to make it cycle through the layers to animate the eye closing. You have to add that yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blink.png

Here is the blink, I found the 'BLINK DURATION' and turned it down from 80 to 20ms.  The blink is faster but it still looks like there are no eyes for a moment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder that says 'Yuni' is where the auto blink is applied. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Yuni' Folder holds both the head and body folders inside. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. So the auto blink has found the correct layers it looks like. That will trigger the blink.

The next part is the blink itself. Can you please expand the left blink and/or right blink layers in the hierarchy and share a screenshot of that? Blinks work but i hiding the blink layer and hiding all the siblings. So everything under "right eye" (eye lashes etc) will disappear during the blink and the "right blink" layer will be un-hidden. So that is where to focus next - will the eye look correct when you hide everything under "right eye" and un-hide the "right blink" layer. You can try it yourself by changing the hide flag of layers to see what it will look like. Maybe you have hidden the children of the blink layer by accident for example - it won't un-hide children of the "right blink" layer for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blink Layout.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what I pushed while taking this snapshot, but it seems to be working now.  x.x 

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The children being called "1" and "2" of the blink layer makes me think you really mean to do "cycle layers" - animate the frames in order so the eye goes half closed then fully closed. To achieve that you have to add a "Cycle Layers" behavior to the blink layer (the one with "1" and "2" under it). There are some settings like "play reversed" when the trigger ends (cannot remember the exact name). The idea is to play the sequence forwards when triggered by the Blink behavior, then play sequence reversed when the trigger ends to reopen the eyes.

I suspect you had the layers hidden before and without the cycle layers nothing would have displayed. (The cycle layers behavior will take over hiding and showing the layers.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines