• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eye Gaze Issues

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My puppet is having truoble with it's eye gaze. When she looks a certain way it only moves one eye. For instance, I click for her to look left and only the left eye moves very far but the right barely moves or doesn't at all. It's the same when she looks right, only the right eye strongly moves but the left doesn't. It's like they aren't connected..

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its usually related to pupil range tags or stray artwork (even a few pixels can mess it up). 

https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alan's treatment in his link should cover it. The most common issue I see is that the pupil is bigger than or outside of the eyeball artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem right now. Nothing has changed in the artwork. Both eyes are exactly the same (copy/paste) and then remamed layers. Right eye moves. Left eye stays still ??? It worked fine an hour ago.Rigging to show both eyes set up.Rigging to show both eyes set up.Eye gaze using arrow keys.Eye gaze using arrow keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After extensive testing with each combination of facings (eyes worked fine with 2-facings but left eye would not move as a 3-facing puppet) here is what fixed it...I had to tag the facings in rigging (Left, Right, Front) with the profile icons. Once I did that both eyes worked as expected. 😄

Screenshot 2024-02-07 084241.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines