• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eye gaze not working

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a puppet that I originally rigged years ago. I have not used it in 2 years. I know there have been many updates since then but I was surprised that many of the triggers and behaviors worked. However the eyes would not move with my eyes. I switched it over to "keyboard input." There was still no movemnet. I cranked up the "keyboard strength" to 999% and got a little wiggle. Any idea what is going on?

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were some threads on this in the past... cannot quite remember when. A common problem was some of the behavior stuff changed in how it finds layers. It was something like if you have multiple profiles, you may need a behavior added per profile instead of one working across all the profiles. SOmething like that.

I would suggest checking the Face Behavior, etc on the root of the puppet. Many have values like "Views" and "Handles". These are useful for debugging. Expand them out to see if the views and handles have correctly bound to the right layers in your artwork. If they are "0", then the failed to find the right part of the puppet to control. If you puppet has multiple profiles but not all profiles are shown (e.g. it only found the first profile and ignored the rest), then you may need to add more behaviors on each profile.

Sorry, cannot remember the exact details, but that is what I would be looking for - check the Views and Handles bindings for behaviors to make sure they look sane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I assumed it was because of how long it had been since I had used the puppet. I managed to get something usable today. But i think it may be time to re-rig this puppet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Watch this video as a good guide on how eyes work: https://youtu.be/5SxNChhm0jo

If the eyes are barely moving, it's probably that the pupils don't have enough room to move - there's probably something wrong with the "Left Eye" or "Right Eye" groups, or the "Left Eyball" or "Right Eyeball." If no eyeball layers are present, the pupil defaults to being constrained by the shape of the eye group.

My best advice would be to check out the video above, look at the examples, and set up your eyes exactly like the one that best fits your style!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines