Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eye movement problem between head positions

Contributor ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fellow pupeteers,

This one has me baffled. I have a puppet head (only) with a Frontal and Right Quarter views. The rigging is identical as can be seen in the images attached. With the head in the RQ position the eyes move as expected using the keybord. With the head in the F position the eyes do not move at all in response to the keyboard. [Eyeball range size/shape is identical in both heads].

I am open to suggestion, ideas, anything . . .

Thanks, Platty

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would look at the behavior and expand the Handles and Views etc sections of the behavior to make sure it found all the profiles. There is one behavior (i always forget which one) that i think finds one set of tags then does not look for others - so it finds the first profile only. The solution was to add that behavior on the root layer of the profile instead of the root of the puppet i think, so each profile has a behavior that finds the layers in that profile. Looking at Views and Handles etc of the behaviors is how i check it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alan, I will do the "looks" and see what the problem might be.

Platty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alan,

I finally had a chance to get back to this problem. You hit the nail on the head. Yes it was in one of my behaviors. Fixed and fixed. Thanks.

Be well fellow puppeteers,  Platty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines