• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eye pupils not moving

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone help me with this? For me it seems to be set up fine, it works also in similar cases of other characters. Just no idea what I am doing wrong...Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-28 um 19.33.51.png

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hudec

This has been the bain of my animation and there are a lot of things to look for. Alan has posted a reply to a similar post.

"I would look at the behavior and expand the Handles and Views etc sections of the behavior to make sure it found all the profiles. There is one behavior (i always forget which one) that i think finds one set of tags then does not look for others - so it finds the first profile only. The solution was to add that behavior on the root layer of the profile instead of the root of the puppet i think, so each profile has a behavior that finds the layers in that profile. Looking at Views and Handles etc of the behaviors is how i check it"

I also found that the "eyeball range" if not correct could affect the eye movement. In rigging make sure the eyeball range area is over the eye. This can get out of allignment when you make several changes to the puppet in PS or AI.

Be well fellow pupeteer - Platty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ha! We must have been typing at the same time! ;-). Yes, I parrot the same advice, because it frequently is the same sort of problems. I really am a parrot - took me years to learn to peck hard enough on the keyboard...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the surface the rigging looks fine and straightforward. This is the flow I go through if any help https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/

One thing, could you expand the "Handles" section of "eye gaze" behavior, to show the layer names it has bound to? Did the pupil get bound the right right layer? If Left Pupil has a "0" for example, that is instructive.

Oh, there is a little collapsed warning icon at the bottom left of the screenshot - you might expand that and see if that gives you hints what the problem is. It reports things like unused tags that look suspicious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines