Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyeball (Eye Range) not really limiting movement

Contributor ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

It may be just me, but I have been playing with my puppets and those of the "Eye Example" YouTube tororial. I have come to the conclusion that when using the Keyboard to control eye movement, the Eyeball or Eye Range has no boundry effect to the Pupil's movement. So what is the use of an Eyball or Eye Range layer? It also doesn't work with the Camera Input because once again the Camera Strength can cause it to go "out of bounds". My CH version is 3.2. Is that the problem?

Any comment or thought would be appreciated. Be well fellow puppeteers. Platty

TOPICS
How to , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When you see this problem, do you arm multiple Input of Eye Gaze?

For me, Keyboard Input is working best for Eye Gaze. But if I armed (red) multiple Input, pupils could go outside the range (design, reference # DVACH-3301).

If you want to pupils stay inside the rage, try to arm the only one Input of Eye Gaze.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Keikoyamada said, I think it does work. The range limits the camera, keyboard, and mouse range *individually*. But it adds the three values together (if all are armed) which can make the eyeball go out of range. I would consider that a bug (which is what I think you are saying). The pupil should *never* leave the specified range. But the workaround is pretty simple - only enable one of the inputs at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

I have the problem when only the Keyboard Input or Camera Input is armed. I only see an approximate relationship between actual eyeball movement and the various eye controls. I have given up trying to understand the relationship. Until I find settings that I (as one of those engineers) understand, I will just fiddel the parameters to get my result.

Be well fellow pupeteers. (not to be confuses with Mousescateers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to share the puppet? (Export puppet, upload to Google Drive etc, share a link or direct message it to just me.) I am wondering if there is a stray tag somewhere messing it up. I have not been able to repeat it on a few puppets I have tried - the range is worked as I expected. Beyond a certain point there is only so much you can do via forum posts.

Alan the Eye Doctor... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you all for your comments. I have continued to invistigate this subject. I imported the eyes tutorial puppets (Okay Samuri) and found they did not work any better than mine. From my experiments it appears that the "eyeball" or "eye range" layer has little effect on eye movements WHEN the eye strength values are beyond the default values.

So my "fix" is to turn down the eye strenth to meet my needs. I don't always get the range I want. But so what, they are simply puppets. Anyone have different results?

Be well fellow puppetters. Better days are coming . . .   - Platty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you say "beyond default values", are you saying if you turn the strength to say 200% then it goes beyond range limiting? Hmmm. If so, is that bug or feature? (Feels like "bug" to me.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines