Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyeball not moving

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

characteranimator

I think I’ve got the correct setup, warp independently checked, correct group setup and naming. However my character’s eyeballs wont move with my eye movement. When I first started the eyeballs sometimes go off the eyes. I went through question board online and thought it might be caused as I drew the eyes differently. By flipping one eye to create the other, this issue is solved.

Can someone please help me with making the eyeballs move? Thanks!!

nov5head.puppet - Google Drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

If you click through the rigging window, it can help track down problematic layers. For example, this head band is rectangular (an indication the artwork is not contiguous). This layer needs fixing.

Changing the mesh shape to contour can help.

But the real issue is the eyes - pupil range and pupil size. The pupil size seems fine:

But the pupil range is not much bigger....

except the blue bounding box IS much bigger!

Jumping into Photoshop (where I am NOT an expert), it appears there is content off t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you turn the mesh on, you will see there are lots of stray pixels going on. in layers.

The eye pupils are not moving because they are the same size as the head position strength setting.

See also:

for more information on getting eyes right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click through the rigging window, it can help track down problematic layers. For example, this head band is rectangular (an indication the artwork is not contiguous). This layer needs fixing.

Changing the mesh shape to contour can help.

But the real issue is the eyes - pupil range and pupil size. The pupil size seems fine:

But the pupil range is not much bigger....

except the blue bounding box IS much bigger!

Jumping into Photoshop (where I am NOT an expert), it appears there is content off the edge of the artboard which CH is seeing. If you select the "Left Eyeball" layer with the "move" tool, you can see the bounding rectangle it comes up with? See how it extends off the artwork boundary? I think there are some rogue pixels turned on in this area getting CH confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alank99101739, thanks for your fast reply. I checked  the rouge pixels and I think this is beacause I used a drawing app named Procreate to draw the character, and expoted as a PSD to work in photoshop. those pixels are dots accidentally added on the canvas and I did not see them well. Now I’ve got them erase.

For the eyeballs I still cannot get them moving. Maybe I’ll try redrawing and make the pupil range larger than pupil size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you are making progress. That blog post i mentioned earlier has the most common issues I know of. Project Wookie, Episode 18: Eye Pupil Movements https://youtu.be/lQuvKdAgSG4?list=PL-EY6SsWRcVPgYUTSuHP5bclgbj0877Kn Might be useful as well.

But if no luck feel free to share an updated puppet. The mesh is the first thing I would turn on to double check it’s all clean. Without that sorted everything else will probably be a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines