Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyeball range: Camera Input not the same as Keybord Input

Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am struggling to learn why when the Eye is set up corrctly using the Eye Range layer it works fine in facial recognition. However, when I use the Keyboard, the eye goes beyond the Eye Range. I have been using the Keyboard Strength to control the degree of movement.

Anybody got a clue? Or is this just the way it is until a "fix" comes along.

Thanks, be well and prosper.

Platty

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious! Have you tried the mouse to move eyes as well? Does it obey the range?  Can you provide a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy for your eyes? 

Also, if you look at the Eye Gaze behavior properties in the Rigging mode, can you expand the "handles" section and check the Left Pupil Range (expand to have a look). Is it set up correctly? These are the layers it is really using (rather than what you *expect* it will be using! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh, haaah . . . Detective Platty found the problem. Under Eye Gaze behaviors if you have the Camera Input and the Keyboard Input selected the eyes go out of range of the Eyeball layer. So, use either Camera Input or Keyboard Input, but not both together. Be well fellow puppeteers.

Thanks for reply Alan, I like your blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines