• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyebrow range of motion

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created automatic brow wrinkles that use Layer Picker: when eyebrows are up, wrinkles appear on the forehead, when they are down, the brow furrows between the eyebrows. There are five layers which define the layer range, so when it is working correctly the effect is quite effective.

The problem is that Ch doesn't seem to understand what the range of my real eyebrows are. I can't get the extremes to register reliably, and sometimes Layer 1 will be replaced with Layer 5 — the complete opposite end of the range.

Is there some parameter to adjust that will make Ch more sensitive to the top and bottom of my eyebrow's range during performance capture?

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that you can adjust the overall eyebrow strength as well as the raised and lowered eyebrow tilt. Is that what you're talking about? Those settings are in the Face behavior. By default, Raised Eyebrow Tilt and Lowered Eyebrow Tilt are at 20% and -20% respectively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply. I have tried adjusting that, without success. I think the parameter I need must somehow be a function of the Layer Picker behavior — the LP needs to understand when my real eyebrows are all the way up and all the way down, so it can apply those layer states at the correct times in my performance. The LP seems to have a "gray area" where it will flicker between layer states, which is not the effect I need at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines