Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyebrows Moving Sideways

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi;

I am brand new to Character Animator. I've designed a puppet, and I thought I'd followed all the rules, however, the eyebrows are moving sideways instead of up and down. I can't for the life of me figure out why or how to fix it. Help, please! 

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woah! Kinda cool in a way, but interesting. Could you post screen shots of your rigging hierarchy for the eyebrows? Expand all the layers out in the hierarchy. I would like to see if they are independent etc. Also I think the Face behavior properties has things like eye brow strength (not at computer to check just now). Could you include a screenshot of that too?

My guess is the eyebrows are not independent (no crown next to layer / no "+" at start of "+Left Eyebrow") so movement is restricted by other things around it. But its just a guess - seeing the hierarchy would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a wayward pixel that was the cause of the weird movements. Anyhow, I've got a lot of problems so I've deleted the project and will try again another time.

In the meantime, does anyone know of a very basic tutorial for designing your own puppet. Kind of a step by step? I've watched a couple of things, but am not figuring this out very easily. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are the Adobe videos of course, and I think a Udemy course! But if you want free (and low quality) you could try: https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/10/22/project-wookie-a-beginner-youtube-playlist/ - screen casts showing every step of taking a photo and turning into a puppet bit by bit. Its getting a bit old now so there are better options for camera panning now, but the principles are still worthwhile to understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines