• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyebrows not animating in quarter face views

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My eyebrows are animating fine on the 'Frontal' view but not moving up and down on the 'Left quarter' and 'Right quarter' views. There are alternate angry/worried states but the parent group of each is def tagged as 'eyebrow'.

Can you think of anything I might have missed or a reason they might be remaining static?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oksamurai​ - Here's a link to my puppet rig (39mb sorry!) - see Left Quarter (1!) - blink and lip sync are working fine so why aren't eyebrows animating?

The eyebrows have angry and worried states as well which works fine on Frontal but not on Left Quarter.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/foplpr71i8y0wsg/yellow%20man%20blue%20suit%20v3.2.puppet.zip?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to add Face behaviours to the eyes in the alternate views for them to be reactive. Hope this helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried that - not sure if you literally meant add the Face behaviour to the *eyes* but that made it go very weird!

Adding it to the Quarter view or even the '3' subfolder within did nothing for the eyebrows unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I remove the transitional '2' folder and the Quarter view cycle layer behaviour, and add the Face behaviour to the Quarter view, eyebrows do work. But I wanted a smooth turn transition. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try untagging your "Left Quarter" group and instead add the tag to your "3" group inside. When you add one of those view tags, it should always be the level directly above where all your face stuff is - in this case, that's the 3 group that cycle layers lands on.

Awesome character BTW, love the style!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the compliment! It's for educational roleplays.

Are you talking about the Face behaviour tag? I tried to get your advice working with the transitional "2" folders and cycle layers, but it was just too dodgy looking and the quarter view eyebrows were all over the place!

Weirdly, eyebrows worked fine on the Left Quarter with Face behaviour tag on "3" but it only works on the Right Quarter if the Face behaviour is added to the parent "Right Quarter" group, not "3".

So it's working, technically, but I have no idea why the Right Quarter eyebrows won't work with Face behaviour on the "3" level, only on the level above. Would love to know why, if you could take a quick look at the updated puppet.

I *could* lose the "3" subfolder but was holding out hope for getting a transitional "2" view working at some later point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get it to work even if I removed the extra Face behaviors. If Head Turner is correctly applied, you shouldn't need to add more manual Face behaviors - it should automatically do that (invisibly behind the scenes) for every view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So without the face behaviours the eyes will continue to blink and eyebrows move, in the profile views? I have not managed to get that working without adding behaviours, going to give it another try. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right - This used to not be the case, but we changed it a few versions back. If you have multiple views and add Head Turner, you don't need to add any extra Face behaviors outside of the default you get on import. The example puppets with head turns should be set up this way as well. Saves a lot of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines