• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyebrows spinning in circles

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to charcter animator and have followed several tutorials before attempting to upload my own character. I followed the tutorial instructions but for some reason, the eyebrows are spinning in circles, the head keeps flying off the body, and the mouth won't move with the face background. Any suggestions on how to fix this???

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of your puppet rigging hierarchy? I am particularly interested in how the head and eyebrow parts are maked as independent or not. Also, check the origin point of the head. It should be connected to the neck and not in the center of the head (which is usually where the program puts it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started from scratch and figured out the head and mouth situation. However the eyebrows still move laterally. Any ideas on how to fix that?? When I remove the crowns from the eyebrows they don't move at all, just with the head.Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 3.41.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please File > Export > Puppet and share it as a link (Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) so I could take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0KXS6BF7c2L-qFEd8zERPoH_w#Layla

Thank you so much for your help! Let me know. New to the application so still trying to figure it all out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't perfect but it's better: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/af4d13d6-61be-43ac-5c9c-ba6cebdd4d10

I notice when you select some layers the bounding box is way bigger - I think there is some art off the canvas that is causing origins and sizes to be bigger than they should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oksamuari, I was wondering how you were able to keep my previous characters shoulders stationary with her head and neck being able to move side to side? I am working on a new character and used the previous puppet file as a basis but the whole body base moves with the head. I can upload a link again but would also love a step by step if possible so I can know for the future. You were so helpful last time so thanks again for that. Let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Select the Body group.

2. Selct the Stick tool from the bottom.

3. Drag a line across the bottom of your character.

4. In the Tags menu on the right, tag it as Fixed.

That should keep the body pinned down, but allow the head & neck to move while still attached to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At quick glance it looks like the Head is independent (crown icon) - remove that and things should connect better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines