Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyes and eyebrows flying off my face

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

This is my first time making a puppet. I followed the video and frequently checked to make sure everything was working and it was coming a long great. The last things I added where the nose, hair and eyebrows and when I went to check to make sure it was all working my eyes are all over the scene and my eyebrows move all over as well. I'm not sure how to share things so you all can see my puppet and how he is put together but if someone can walk me through that I will get those posted. Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Thx. The structure seems fundamentally right. One warning is the background layer you might want to make independent or remove - otherwise the puppet may warp strangely. 

I notice a "1" next to left eye - not sure what that is, but a common error is to put a handle on the layer and tag it with left eye (instead of the eye itself).

'Is nose inside the head layer? it seems at same layer as body. I am wondering if the face artwork and nose are not nested inside head, which can cause these problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you provide a screen shot of the rigging hierarchy? That might give a hint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would that be how I put him together in Photoshop or in Character Animat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rigging.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx. The structure seems fundamentally right. One warning is the background layer you might want to make independent or remove - otherwise the puppet may warp strangely. 

I notice a "1" next to left eye - not sure what that is, but a common error is to put a handle on the layer and tag it with left eye (instead of the eye itself).

'Is nose inside the head layer? it seems at same layer as body. I am wondering if the face artwork and nose are not nested inside head, which can cause these problems as the eyes etc don't have anything to attach to. 

If that is not the problem, next screenshot plz is select the head layer then screen shot the artwork panel too, so can see the yellow outlines etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I think I might have found issues. I can click the head like you said and the yellow outline covers entire body with weird strings coming out. Other body parts are even worse like eyebrows. The yellow outline looks like a spider web with the eyebrow in the middle. Is that because I was putting my character in photoshop and just erasing everything but the part I needed. I'm guessing I didn't erase everything and left small dots that now make it look like a web?rigging 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you are right. The yellow background is the border. along this border, the program calculates the physics of the puppet.

all unnecessary needs to be erased

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines