• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyes moving opposite when looking up/down.

New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey so my puppet's eyes are working as usual however when I either look up or down the pupils move in opposite directions, however when I look left and right everything is fine. I've tried making the pupil range substantially bigger than the pupil range but this doesn't do anything. Thanks!

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newbie, but this was too interesting to pass up.  I forced my puppet to do this.  I selected the Right and Left Pupil layers each in turn and modified their Layer parameters.  That's the window with the position, scale, rotation, opacity, blending mode...  If I set the Y-scale to -100%, puppet looks down when I look up.  If I set the X-scale to -100%, puppet looks left when I look right.  If I set both, I forget how to move my own eyes.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the eyes play up like this - and found quitting and restarting the computer (or just the app) corrected this issue. So I'd try that first.

The other things I'd try is to dig down in your eye layers and check that the eye range isn't doubling up. I've had puppets that had two sets of eye range set. Something in the automated process must have gotten mudled up. By eliminating the double up it fixed the issue.

Also, you can try unassigning all the tags and redo them manually.

Hope that helps out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The other cause is if the pupil range is smaller than the pupil size the pupil moves backwards. So i would suggest checking tags on layers to see if the pupil range and size tags got messed up somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines