• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyes not moving

Participant ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out why I can't get his eyes moving. Something strange is goign on where its taking the parts and randomly putting them far away from where the eyes clearly are. Any ideas?

Puppet:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11YQY4JYp8YSunmQ3O0PUl0dYO05EnJIw/view?usp=sharing

PS File

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H1FlqhGt6wYhxqcXJqqPOpGl5d_uD70w/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advanced,

Shootey

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few suggestions. First, the eye in the puppet seems off in a strange position (not on the face).

image.png

It is however correct in the artwork file, so I would suggest clicking ALT-refresh (the little two arrows in a circle at bottom of scene window) to flush CH caches to see if that helps. I will drag the eyes back over the head for now to keep going.

So why does the pupil not move? Because the Eyeball is defined as the range for the pupil to move in, and the pupil takes up most of the space.

image.png

If you want the eye to move down so it is clipped by the eyeball (not limited by the eyeball), you need to create a new Pupil Range layer bigger than the eyeball, then hide it. It does not need to be visible. Turn the Pupil Range tag off the eyeball layer and put it on the new invisible bigger object. Then put clipping on the pupil layer.

For better instructions, try here: https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and you will almost certainly want to make the eyebrows independent as well. Otherwise they will distort the face if you move the eyebrows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alan this was a collaboration with someone I don't really understand why CH is showing the eyes way up there when they aren't in Photoshop and i'm sure thats the problem here but they keep snapping back to that spot! I'll try redoing the eyes and see what happens. I agree they need to be bigger most of my characters eyes are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bigger, or use the clipping approach so the pupil can move outside the eyeball whites. But yeah, very strange. I have no explanation of that one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines