• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyes won't move!

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried renaming the layers and moving around the positions and a bunch of other stuff (like having seperate eyeball and pupil ranger) but eyes still won't move.

https://imgur.com/gallery/VYUZUrw

TOPICS
Bugs , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your left eye looks like the pupil range might be inside the pupil group? And the right has two Right Pupil layers? What I suggest is looking at the "Handles" section of the Face behavior - expand it out and see if it located the right layers for Left/Right Eye, then Left/Right Pupil, and if you have them, Left/Right Pupil Range. 

If you could take screen shots with the Left Pupil layer selected (should be a yellow outline around the pupil) and then one with the Left Pupil Range selected (should be a yellow line around it, bigger than the pupil). If the pupil range yellow outline is not bigger then they pupil will not move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I would suggest is the following structure and changes. (Not sure if all these are required, but its what I normally do!)

• Have a Left Pupil layer which contains the artwork for the pupil. Tag it with Left Pupil and Left Pupil Size (this may happen by default. (Do not put the Pupil Range inside.)
  • Make sure the Left Pupil layer is a full oval up behind the top and bottom eye lids - from the first screenshot it might not go far enough up. The hidden parts of the pupil will become visible when the eye starts looking up and down.
  • Have a sibling layer for Left Pupil Size which is a oval you draw that is bigger than the pupil (goes left, right, above and below the pupil so there is space for it to move in all directions). I usually make it a bit transparent so you can see the pupil through it to judge. Once right, hide the layer. It will still be used even when hidden. Make sure in CH the layer is tagged Left Pupil Range.

I am guessing the nesting of pupil range and/or the pupil range is not tall enough is causing the problem (The height does not look taller than the pupil). Also you might like to check out https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines