• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fair use of puppets

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this can be asnwered here, since it's more of a legal question. But I was wondering about the extent of the free-to-use puppets in Character Animator. Many of them are listed as "free to use in any way." I'm getting well ahead of myself here, but hypothetically, if I were to use a free puppet in a Youtube Channel, and eventually the channel gets enough subscribers that merchandise becomes an option, would selling merch that includes the likeness of these free-to-use puppets still be acceptable in that situation? 

Thank you for any info!

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

I believe that's permitted, but bear in mind that "free" means that anyone else can take that same puppet and do the same thing with it and there's nothing that you can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that's permitted, but bear in mind that "free" means that anyone else can take that same puppet and do the same thing with it and there's nothing that you can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great point! Thanks for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines