• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature request for AE

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello CA team. I hope I haven't been flooding the forums too much lately with all my posts.  I've been thinking about this one for a while whne it comes to integration with AE.  

I have multiple puppets talking to each other all the time and definitely need them in the same scene for proper eye responses and general pacing but would really love to important the scene with all the puppets as layers with the transform properties. 

Other wise I have to copy each puppet into it's own scene and anchor points get messy since the puppet is a scene at the larger export size than the layer size.  

It'd be amazing to have the puppets in a scene as layers with their own dimensions and that layer itself is moving.  Right now if I move a character from own end of the frame to the other the transform properties are for the entire scene size rathen defining the size of the puppet and its maximum reach that moves across the screen.  

I'm sorry if this is confusing TT TT but I thought I'd try 

TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason you want it in AE? The negative is if you start scaling etc you start to get fuzziness around the edges if you scale the puppet etc in AE. If you do all the transforms etc in CH the video quality is better. AE is a bit easier in some places (eg drag and drop to move things), but is that better solved by asking for that support in CH? Just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, if anything, it's mainly having the layers from a scene be imported as layers into AE instead of an entire video.

I have a snake charscter which I animate the body in AE and the head in CA.  I think what you guys do with making the face so intuitive to animate and emote is amazing, as well as walking animation cycles and video facial tracking.  When it's key framing and manilulating keyframe graphs, especially with comedy, AE gives me a lot of finese.  

This opening scene I did is mostly AE but the Sun is everyone's favorite with the most personality because of CA.  

https://youtu.be/Szdsaby_OxQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines