• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature request - Pre-Run Physics

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feature request - unless I'm missing something!

Using the dangle tag, I accidentaly created super gross oily hair strands that hang in front of my character's face and looks AMAZING (I only wanted them to bounce on top of his head slightly). HOWEVER I am rendering a series of shots to comp into live action footage in Ae - my frame count is precise to match performances in the live action footage - but the physics in my Ch shots go crazy and then settle way too late, so I'm having to add 5 seconds of frames to my Ch shots to give time for the physics to look right. Is there a way to pre-roll the physics in my scene other that adding frames to the beginning?

TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that i know of. You can specify the work area offset from the start of the timeline to help let physics settle a bit - that is all i know of. That is, for a scene you can say "ignore the first 15 frames to let physics settle down" by setting workspace start and end offsets - which is separate to the scene duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - this makes sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, caching dynamics would be a great feature to have, but the current workaround is to do as Alan says and create an extra second at the top of your comp. I've gotten in the habit of always starting with 1 second of headroom before any animation begins even if I don't have dynamics enabled. This is a great feature request though: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911317-character-animator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines