• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files In a CA project

Engaged ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I have brought in an example puppet into a project to see how it works then deleted the puppet when done.  But I think some of the files for that puppet remain in my project folder.  
Is there a listing someplace of the files in a project and what they are used for?

I would like to see if I can figure out what unused files can be deleted.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CH loads data into a database which has an undo history. So once you load a puppet up, I am not sure if you can delete it completely.

A project directory contains:

• MyProj.chproj - zero length file that you can double click on to load CH
  • Ch Media - contains subdirectories for "gathered media" (including imported puppets). If you go through all the puppets in your project and click on the puppet in the Project panel, you can work out the file names referenced by puppets you are using. You can probably delete any other files in "gathered media" subdirectories - but I would move them rather than delete! Try it for a day! Then delete! I don't want to tell you something that stuffs up your project!!!
  • The Ch Data directory contains the main project contents. The repo.noindex is REALLY IMPORTANT. Don't touch! I think the "temp.noindex" can be deleted. Try searching the forums for "temp.noindex" - there was discussion of this before. I *think* its a cache. BUT CHECK FIRST! MY MEMORY COULD BE WRONG.
  • artwork.noindex - hmmm, I dont remember seeing that one before! Not sure if a cache or important content. It seems to have all the mesh artwork in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You can use File -> Save Project As... to save a new project including only assets you are currently have in the Project panel. Please note that Saved As project does not include histories of the original project.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines